Startups can be almost like On-ground Battles where warriors (I hope am in this category), soldiers, Army Generals come out with their weapons & unleash their true powers, diplomacies, tactics, strategies to simply come out Winning!
Everyone has a personality, a background, a history, her/his own talents + pursuits + motivations! Its exciting hence to come out a winner in a place where everyone is not fake!
Personally for me, its extremely acceptable environment because I get to be myself & not pretend to be constrained in chains which is the case with big Corporate Houses so Thank God for Startups for coming in our lives!
I know now some things clearly about myself which I will never compromise for anything/anyone :
- Am extremely High Energy & Enthusiasm, I thrive in it
- Am ‘almost’ passionate about my Work – I love living for it if I see a purpose in it else I love focussing on my health, family, friends, travel, photography, shopping, movies, music, etc.
- I love being clear headed for myself + my loved ones & having simple, clarity oriented people around me who speak well, high, progressive & modern
- I love being around self motivated, energetic & idea oriented people
- I love new ideas, new projects
- I have my own ways of managing things, people & situations and I like keeping it that way – Open to learnings from People I appreciate & Like but should be careful about the latter to not do it too much as well
- I can’t take bullshit & not very good with managing that – got to working on defining the boundaries again & ensuring both parties honour it fairly
- I tend to get self critical about my short term goals, long term purpose, even people which at best be avoided – Just #AvoidSocialism at personal level to push a greater purpose
I have also realised post working in StartUps & Corporate world for 7+ years now that the Game is all about Managing People & Yourself Basically. Deliverables, Results & Negotiation Skills, Achievements, KPIs, Projects, Ideas, Success become very subjective & actually more of a result if You manage the former Well !
One more of my recent sure shot finding are about top B-schools in the country having such different cultures of people (and the recent batches have really diluted the value) :
- XL + IIMC have cooler & people oriented people
- IIMA have too hard task master oriented people
- IIMB are too serious, thorough, professional – almost similar breed to ISB
- Rest are almost similarly inconsequential 😉