Please consider every PM to be a works-person, who needs tools apart from their skills to do a good job out of a situation!
Every worksmith/ carpenter/ chef, etc. is incomplete without their toolbox so its important as a Product Manager to be sure of your own sharpened tools basis your experience, intuition, comfort/compatibility, etc.
I also have now worked for 8+ years in different Products domain starting with Data, OTT, E-commerce, Retail Channels (B2B + B2C), Media, Food, Jewellery, FMCG, FinTech, Travel/OTA, AdTech, Transportation (Cabs/Trucks), etc.
And from my own & other PMs experience – let me share a list which I find is useful for one & all. These are compiled basis checking with other industries & PMs as well :
- Research Tools : SurveyMonkey, Google Forms, TypeForm
- Current Situation + Need Gap Analysis : Porter’s Frameworks – SWOT, 4P, STP, 5 Porter’s Force
- Project Management : Asana, Jira, Trello
- Team Management : Slack, Basecamp
- MVP & Road-mapping : Asana, Aha, ProdPad,
- Spec Writing : Word, DropBox Paper, GitHub
- User Scenarios Mapping : Excel, Smaply/StoriesonBoard
- Designing : Invision, Iconjar
- Coding/ Development : GitHub
- UX : Prototype,io, Axure
- Team screen sharing + feedback incorporation : Zeplin, Intercom
- AB Testing : VWO, Wasabi
- Analytics – Front End : Google Analytics, Firebase
- Analytics – Middle ware : Moengage, Clevertap, Appsflyer
- Analytics – Back End : SQL, ML Tools
- Campaign Management : Adobe 360
- Targeted Campaigns : Targetting
- Revenue + P&L Management : MS Excel Macro
Apart From this – the must have ingredient almost like Oiling is 5-6 hours of Reading, Networking, Experimenting, Failing, Sharing, etc.
All The Best : Let the Magic Begin!