Yes – it is worrying & highly concerning!
Disclaimer : Am no Global Policy or Economics Expert, am a Digital Product Specialist with my own vested interests for causes, people I love & care.
But I do credit myself to thinking well for the World & be able to suggest from my experience & in-depth research skillsets – what can be done to improve the situation.
My Key Concerns :
- TRUMP (Face-Palm) : He is going on making drastic changes around employment, Trade Policies, Climate Pacts, Foreign Relations without taking long term & wide level impact into considerations. US Politics these days is more interesting than watching Live Sports & Avengers Movies. The latest being launching trade war on China – You cannot be serious about being so impractical about such critical decisions which directly impacts jobs, lives of people.
- Brexit : How on earth UK is going to be a stronger economy by separating itself from EU, same EU nations which in medieval, modern history have helped UK become richer & supreme power, baffles me. This is a stupid game of Power which Conservatives have got all wrong – I still pray EU can make them pull back & there is no need for referendum as the decision to exit was on false foot always!
- Tech Giants to Douche Bags : Yes how Silicon Valley CEOs have exposed their immaturity & unpreparedness to manage bigger issues has proved to the world that nothing Good is created in a hurry. They have to take the hard way to be well accepted by all – Mark Zuckerberg’s expressions during the council grilling sessions will call for some nightmares for most of the entrepreneurs. Elon Musk’s everyday antics to tweets are such an embarrassment to the talent Tech space possesses.
Refer this article : https://www.economist.com/briefing/2018/01/20/the-techlash-against-amazon-facebook-and-google-and-what-they-can-do
- Bad Media Boys : How Media has played into the hands of power & fame hungry industries + individuals is scary to the least. In my view, Media industry has lost maximum value in recent past though it should have grown more reputable with time since its one of the key pillars of a functioning Democracy. There are so few names in the space of Journalism & Media industry who you can trust to give authentic unbiased information & be done away with opinions & mind feeds.
- Absolute Authority of Power : What is with this world of keeping order by creating complete surrender to power of authority? Why can’t issues be openly debated & views be formed on them by mutual agreement & settlement? Judicial & Legislators have to play a more informed & vigilant role in here.
- Impatient & Wannabe Generation thriving on Instant Gratification & material possessions : Have given up on them though high on confidence + Awareness & low on hesitation, these folks run away from grinding & do not believe in playing hard & long & patient & gradual to win. It’s now or never with them all the time.
- Creativity & Art not being allowed to flourish : There are umpteen examples of creativity & artists coming under the hawk eye of politics, regulations, restrictions! Unfair… Let creativity flow & let consumers decide it’s trashy or classy.
Perhaps, we need more of MJs “Save the World” versions not just in Music but in every facet of life.
What is frightening is that these concerns are gonna have long term impacts upto 5 – 10 years on everyone’s lives.
Some solutions :
- Global bodies like UN, IMF, World Bank, G8, Security Council have to come together to create more strong consensus against the “OBVIOUS WRONG” happening across the globe. They need to address it by first accepting what’s wrong with being Simply Selfish.
- Bottoms Up : people will need to start creating noise about their displeasure & make authority listen, in every facets – home, workspace, social media, societies, municipalities, judiciary, law & order.
- Wait for something drastic to happen at one end of the world for other to abide as no option! This shall have heavy repercussions though, someone will have to pay the price. AMEN