Cognitive Science involves linguistics, psychology, artificial intelligence, philosophy, neuroscience and anthropology. My learning & experience says that if we are able to include Cognitive Science into our Product Management Process – they results shall be much more refined, Long term & closest to objective.
Cognitive Science has to include multiple stakeholders views from :
- Customers perspective
- Team management perspective
- Leadership & changing Business Landscape perspective
Am quite sure of developing successful models around the same for different PM Cycle stages & this is my effort for the same.
Below are the key PM Stages & recommended Models for the same :
- Business Strategy Roadmap based on Market Research & Secondary Research Data Insights — Model 1 (Leadership Management + Market Analysis – BCG Matrix, PLC, 7S Framework, Value Chain)
- Need Gap Analysis Identification — Model 2 (STP + 5Porters Forces)
- Recommendation Solutions & Prioritisation of Features (New & Enhancements) – Model 3 (Phase Gate Model/ Spider Mapping Technique ; High & Low Impact)
- User Persona Identification – Model 4 (Demography & Behaviour (Tech & Products) Mapping)
- Roadmapping + Project Management – Model 5 (Gantt Chart)
- BRD/ PRD – Model 6 (Process Note, Unified Modelling Language)
- MVP Approach – Model 7 (User – Action – Story ; Pain – Gain)
- User Journeys/Scenarios mapping – Model 8 (Decision Tree)
- Designing-> with quick dipsticks & quick changes around suggestions Model 9 : Neurological Emotional Branding + Decision of buying
10. Development/Middleware – Library & its adaptations for agile expansion
11. UAT all scenarios/Hackathon (Model 10) /CUG – AB Testing Hypothesis linked to Data Mining & Big Data Analysis…. Statistics & its variance test analysis! Frequentist vs Bayesian ..
12. Success Metrics formulation (Model 11) Data visualisation /K Nearest neighbours/ Regression/Clustering ; Random Forests; Time series/sequence; text mining!
13. Launch & Optimise
14. Team Management Model
Disclaimer : My suggestions are based on my experience, research, interactions with other companies & my own theories/understandings on this space. Am quite confident of their inter-relationship with each other.
Some Books I recommend in this regard are :
- Design of everyday Life
- Art of Deduction
- Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu
- Cognitive Science
- Psychology of Persuasion