- Don’t look at time while responding your calls/messages
- Say what they feel like not necessarily true/right but in an acceptable tone
- Give you respect & space
- Like to stay in touch & keep a check on what’s happening in your life
- Do not look at your bank balance, looks, clothes while befriending you but only how you touch their hearts
- Plan trips together
- Give the person in front, around some consideration before speaking or making a decision
- Love to laugh, smile, share +vity around
- Always give right advice
- Keep no malice even when things go wrong (Despite abuses, anger)
- Don’t bring drama when things matter.. and loads of it otherwise 😉
As Robin in HIMYM last episode said that “We’ll always be friends. It’s just never going to be how it was. It can’t be. And that doesn’t have to be a sad thing. Look, there’s so much wonderful stuff happening in all of our lives right now. We’ve more than enough to be grateful for. But the five of us hanging out at MacClaren’s, being young and stupid…it’s just not one of those things. That period is over”
Things change, situations do – the love in our hearts & memories in our mind spaces that lead us to create something purposeful with ourselves without which we are not much. Former is never in our hands but latter is.
Personally, I have over grown people who were once close for faults or without, for good times or bad.. We have just likened more to grow up without each other than against.. Am not sure if that’s true friendship, perhaps not. Its more of companionship for convenience. There have been plenty strangers, many companions but very few cherished friends with whom one has always ended up having a great time, who have given the right advice no matter what & most importantly who have loved you back with whatever they have got.
I have always believed in keeping my friends close (& enemies closer) by making efforts to keep a tab on them.. Its nice to see how much we have grown with time & have evolved into better & bigger human beings!
But its nicer to see that with time the dependency on them for your happiness has almost vanished & you just value people who are just themselves which is happy & yet fill the gaps in not so obvious or dramatic way..