What blessing this Rural stint in proving to be.. When u enter a village the sunflowers are facing you as if to welcome you..while they turn away when you are leaving as if upset at your departure.. How pretty is nature.. Thank you Goddie !!
When I took up this stint of Hubli, (I thought it will be Mlore with lot more sea and mountains but people more or less similar) little did I know that how enriching every hour spent in the field would turn out to be.. How fantastic is this world and especially the subjects who make it a place to live.. And how foolish are those who sit in AC rooms with ace quality interiors, wearing their blazers and trousers and feeling they know it all and how a small decision of theirs can change the lives of the former.. Contrasting worlds..
So, I can think of a plenty of reasons why a b-school-er or in fact any educated person should spend a part of their lives in the land uptown, rural or tier 2-3 as it is linguistically referred..
1. Life in a small city is alot more peaceful and in control as I refer it compared to a metro. Now I come and cook food for myself, planning to drive a car, etc. There are lesser factors which impact your life externally.
2. You can make a change and show it too more easily. How difficult does it prove to compete with similar looking and thinking guys/girls in your office in a metro. In a uptown/small city, you are a fresh face who is looked upon with a great expectations and whose every idea is welcomed and heard. You can leave an impression alot more easily. But above all, this place needs the change you can make..
3. Learning! So 10 years down the line or earlier – you shall be expected to make decisions for your company and lead it from the front. At that time, an experience from the uptown shall count in earning respect of fellow members as well as gaining insightful information. Lets not forget – the maximum growth has to come from towns like these – they exist everywhere. Metros don’t.. And this will make all the difference in future..even if you go abroad.. this is what will make you stand out..
4. You find time for yourself and see yourself in a completely self illuminated light. How dim or bright it is – shall decide your actual truth about your personality. In a way, it is your tapasya time.
5. Rural uptown is a beautiful place with people having simple needs and clean hearts.. spending time here can make you a better person too..
With these strong reasons going for a small city stint, I find it difficult to think in the opposite direction. May be there are a few cons..but for me they are too insignificant to even think about them..
All am thinking about is making the most of this experience, and ensuring I get the best of a profile which will help me move forward in the best of the light..!!